Sunday, January 29, 2012

Supernatural Embrace of Christ

I have to blog about a very supernatural experience that happened to me this evening. I want to share with anyone reading that the Sacred Heart of Jesus really does reach for the weary and the lost, and truly does give them rest. Tonight I was planning to go to Adoration for the first time, even though it's fairly late at night, because my life has been so incredibly busy of late that fairly late at night is the only time I can fit it in. My local Catholic Church is pretty close to my home, which is very nice, and they have perpetual Adoration where the Adoration chapel is open 24/7, six days a week. So I go to the Church and I try to open the door only to find that it was locked for some strange reason, even though the Adoration chapel is open tonight and at the time I got to the Church. I left very disappointed after trying to door several times, because I really needed some time alone with Jesus tonight. I had been looking forward to adoring Him and sitting in His Presence, so that His Grace might fill me and strengthen me for the coming week, which I know will be difficult. Life for me has been really really hard lately, so many members of my family have died or fallen mortally ill, school has been unbelievably stressful, friends have been nowhere to be found, family lives far away, and so I needed to be filled with Grace to keep going on. Because of all of that, and because I had no idea when the next available time would present itself to go to My Eucharistic Lord again. Naturally, I left dejected. I went over to a McDonalds that was not far from the Church, and just sat there for awhile after eating dinner, and I prayed the Rosary. This is where it gets truly strange. At that specific time, into the McDonalds walks the Priest of this Church, Father Tony, who I had never seen face to face before. He's dressed all in blacks, walks past me and says hi, and eats his late dinner and reads the paper not far away from me. He stays there nearly the entire time I was at the restaurant, and even though He didn't say anything else, I take it as a sign that Christ was telling my through His Alter Christus, the One who Alone fully represent Him, that He is not turning me away from His Door. Though the Door was locked to His Eucharistic Presence and His Sacred Heart in the chapel, He overrides time and space to reach me at the precise time and place that I was present in through His Priestly Presence. Truly, one of the strangest and most wonderful events in my life on recent memory. How does Father Tony walk into the one of two McDonalds in town that I happened to be at, at the precise time I happened to be there, on the very night that I (rarely) managed to try to get to Adoration? God manifests His love in incredible and mysterious ways.

Praised be Jesus Christ, true God and true Man. Praised be His blessed Name. Through Him, with Him, and in Him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honor is yours Almighty Father, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment