Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Important Prayer Request

Hey everyone, I'd just like to ask that you all pray for my dear mother. Today, we had a profound discussion regarding Christianity and the Catholic Faith, and she expressed for the first time the desire to become Catholic, which was an incredibly shocking manifestation of the grace of God. I am quite frankly blown away, though I guess I should never be surprised by the workings of the Holy Spirit in our lives. I am quite sure this is a major answer to prayer, and not just my prayer, but an answer to the Blessed Mother's prayers on my mother's behalf, which I requested of her so ardently and so frequently. Thank you in advance for your prayers. My mom is originally a Lutheran who is on a personal faith journey right now, and through God's help, I've been attempting to lead her to the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church of all ages. May God be with my mother, and with myself, and continue to lighten the way to the Church for my mother; and may Jesus Christ continue to give me the courage, wisdom, strength, knowledge, love, and words in order to effectively bear witness to the saving Truths of our Catholic Faith. "For I will give you a mouth of wisdom," the Lord Jesus said. Amen, may it be so.

God bless you all through Christ His beloved and Only-Begotten Son

4 comments:

  1. I will remember your mother in prayer to Our Lady, as you request. :)

    Also...remember to show her some of the numerous miracles which surround the Catholic Church... :)

    Best wishes for your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nicole, much appreciated! And about miracles... the Catholic Church is a Miracle itself. Logically coherent, sound doctrine, and unshakable orthodoxy for two millennia.

      Hopefully, I will be able to bring my mother to Holy Mass for Easter Sunday or some other day of Holy Week :) It is your standard, heterodox Catholic parish, sadly, so I will have my work cut out for in the way of catechesis if and when she becomes Catholic.

      Delete
  2. Well, I hope that you can find her an orthodox baptismal (if she's not already baptized) or confirmation sponsor. :)...Best wishes for you both!

    ReplyDelete