Saturday, March 31, 2012

O Eucharistic Lord Jesus

Only a short nine hours until the first Holy Mass of my life - no big deal though ;) I'm only just so excited I can hardly wait. I feel like it's a personal invitation from His Divine Majesty, Jesus Christ Himself.

O Eucharistic Lord, Lamb of God; You convert our poor sacrifice of Cain, fruit of the earth and work of human hands; O Lord Christ, it is transubstantiated into Your Divine Sacrifice of Abel. First: our offering, bread and wine, until the conversion of the Altar; it will become for us the Bread of Life and our Spiritual Drink... O High Priest, grant us to taste of Your Divinity and humanity, under the accidents of Bread and Wine; sanctified and converted by the prayer of Your Word working through the operation of Your Spirit. Forgive this poor sinner of my fault, my fault, my most grievous fault, and allow me to sit in Your Presence as Mary, in order to sanctify the works of Martha.


God the Father, Father of Lights and Lord of Truth, Terrible in Your Countenance and Glorious in Your Appearance, have mercy on us.

God the Son, Life of the Father made manifest to our eyes and sense in every time and in every place in the flesh, have mercy on us.

God the Holy Ghost, Love of the Father and the Son, whose presence flows from the Passion of Christ - Lo, it is said, "He gave up His Spirit" - flowing unto us from the Altar of Sacrifice as from the Passion Present thereupon, have mercy on us, and testify to the Son of God and His Holy Church.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, a sinner. I pray that the Queen of Heaven and Earth, inseparable from you, my ever-living God and my King, would bring my petition before Your glorious Throne. This I pray specifically, my Lord and my God, that You would by Your Holy Will, secure Father Vanderloop in His offering of your Divine Eucharist, that the Liturgy of your Church would be acceptable unto Your Divine Majesty, and Sacred, and a cause of offense to no-one. Do not permit liturgical abuses I pray, for the sake of my mother, whose conscience is not informed nor mind enlightened by You, O coeternal and consubstantial Word. Work through your representative, the good Father, that when he makes you present through your Holy Word and Holy Sacrament, my mother would be converted in heart, and drawn in soul, to You, Who gives the Water of Life, Your Spirit, through Your Holy Sacrifice of the Alter; the testimony of which is one in Your Church, my Lord.

Mary, Queen of Peace, Advocate before the Throne and Mother of God, you who know the heart of a mother, present my prayers to the throne of your Son, and draw my mother to your Heart which is united inseparably to the Heart of your Son, our God. Help her to understand your role and office, and the fact that the radiance of your splendor and the glory of your beautiful purity is none other than the Son in your womb, who has transformed you into His same and renewed Image from glory to glory.

St. Joseph, unite your prayers with your chaste spouse, the Mother of God, before the Throne of the One Who you merited by His grace to be called father of while He tabernacles with us.

St. Peter, Rock of the Church in all times and all places, give us a share in the solidity of the Rock that is Christ, the Rock of which the Blood mingled with Water flows from, that may yet quench our thirst.

St. John the Evangelist, Apostle of Love, pray for us, that the Body and Blood of Christ, which are Love Incorruptible, would draw us.

St. James, you who merited by the grace of Christ to be called a Pillar of the Church along with St. John and St. Peter the Rock, pray for us, that our works would merit, through the grace of God, our reception into the Church of Christ.

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. :) I'm so excited for you! You have such a clear, fierce love and your posts are all so wonderful..

    ReplyDelete