Tell me... is this not beautiful? Lord, have mercy. I love beautiful Byzantine Icons.
- If anyone does not confess that Christ our God can be represented in his humanity, let him be anathema.
- If anyone does not accept representation in art of evangelical scenes, let him be anathema.
- If anyone does not salute such representations as standing for the Lord and his saints, let him be anathema.
- If anyone rejects any written or unwritten tradition of the church, let him be anathema.
- from the Second Council of Nicea, A.D. 787